Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Tooth Fairy









The other day Kennedy ran into the house to inform us that Taylor had broken her tooth. Sure enough Taylor entered expressing that a tooth was loose. She spent an entire afternoon wiggling and pushing on the tooth and seemed excited about the whole event. That evening she was in the bathroom and I heard a "oh no!" and she came running out holding her tooth in her hand. At that moment the excitement turned into horror to know that a part of her was not a part of her anymore. And then came the news that someone named the tooth fairy was going to come and take it away from her. We talked it over and I explained that the tooth fairy always leaves money in its place and she seemed to be slowly accepting this new change. At least that's what I thought until when she was getting ready for bed I heard sobbing coming from the girls bathroom. She was going to brush her teeth when she looked in the mirror and for the first time saw the empty space in her mouth. I never remember having a hard time parting with my baby teeth, but then again Taylor has a hard time parting with anything. We decided that it would be okay for her to leave a note for the tooth fairy explaining that she just wasn't ready to give it away and Taylor seemed to feel much better. Hopefully by the time the next one falls out she will be ready to let the tooth fairy do her job.

2 comments:

Brecken said...

That is hilarious! You'll be so glad you wrote that story down:)

Afton or Brooke said...

That is so cute and funny. I always tell Afton that I will be the one crying when she loses her first tooth. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet.