I have to take a moment and mark the one year anniversary of the passing of a beloved father, grandfather, husband and friend. I would love to say that dealing with his absence has gotten easier with time, but as I get together with my family and we experience major milestones in our lives it only makes those times together bitter sweet. I long for my father to pick up the phone when I call. I long for my children to be able to remember the fun times they had with their papa and to know how much he loved them. I long for his quiet and powerful presence that made our family complete. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of eternal families and the peace that comes with knowing that we can be together again. We love and miss you dearly papa.


7 comments:
I have been thinking alot about Wayne this week, too. He was such a gentle, kind man. We all miss him. I am glad you wrote about him.
thanks rachelle for saying what we are feeling. This was beautiful and good to take a minute to reflect. Love you dad!! christine
Very Sweet. The picture with him and Taylor is so sweet.
I wish I had the words to fill the void you feel. We love you and know you dad is so proud of the wonderful mother you have become. From the few times I met him I could tell he was a very special man.
Rachelle, I was so sorry to hear about your dad from Laura, and it's so sweet of you to post your memories of him. He seems like such a great grandpa. It was seriously so great to see you when I was in Colorado. You are one of my favorite people and I'm glad we can stay in touch. Definitely we will have to make girls night out a must do whenever I can get out there. You are amazing and so beautiful! I'm so glad we got to be friends.
Rachelle, so sorry to hear about your dad. He looks like he was a very kind and loving person. What you wrote was eloquent and touching.
Rachelle, I've been thinking about you so much this past year and how hard it must be to have lost your dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and I'm so lucky to have you as a friend.
Post a Comment