Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall in Aspen

My sister Christine had a great idea to spend a weekend in the Colorado mountains to enjoy the fall leaves. I got on the assignment and found a place in Aspen for us to spend a (quick) fun weekend. We couldn't have planned it better, the weather was perfect and the leaves were at their finest. I love the fall and loved that I got to spend time with some of my favorite people.

Hanging out down town Aspen
Beautiful Maroon Bells




Me and my Mom on our hike around Maroon Bells

Us with my sisters Christine and Deborah and my Mom

This was pretty much the face Kennedy (and Taylor) were making during our hike. We didn't come very prepared and forgot snacks and it was lunch time. Both girls were not very happy about it. Made for a very tearful and unsuccessful hike.

Maybe the one smile from them because they hadn't yet realized we were hiking and that they were hungry. :)
Nate and Deborah at Maroon Bells


Aspen has a John Denver memorial and we decided to spend an afternoon there with games and a picnic. (And listened to John Denver of course.)




Either Kennedy's pants were falling off or her shirt is too short, or maybe a little bit of both. Despite that I think it is a cute picture of her.

Love this picture of the girls

Our second attempt to hike was much more successful! The girls didn't even complain once, which is huge for us. It was pretty and a nice way to end the trip.

Here's me at the top of Independence Pass where we said goodbye to my mom and sisters and they headed back to Utah. I like how you can see everyone else in my sunglasses.

Kennedy and Grandma at Independence Pass

0 comments: