I am always thankful for those random Monday holidays when Nate doesn't have to go to work. With half the year's Saturdays being dedicated to YW sports on my part, we don't have a lot of time to do many fun things as a family. So a free Monday together is a good thing. We wanted to get out and enjoy the snow, since it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, so we headed up to Evergreen to go ice skating. Taylor was very excited to go and did surprisingly well on the ice. It took her awhile to get the concept that the point was to stand up on her skates and not lean back into Nate's arms. We went up with Jami, Spencer, Crew, and Jaclyn (Jami's sister) and had a fun time. Crew was even nice enough to give Kennedy a turn in his sled. She loved being pulled around the ice by her dad.
Taylor and Crew getting escorted back to the car
The boys: Nate and Spencer

6 comments:
You mean it wasn't 72 degrees everywhere on Presidents Day? We almost went to the pool. Looks like you had a fun time on the ice. Hopefully by the time Paisley makes it out for a Denver winter, Taylor will be a pro and ready to teach her little cousin how to skate.
t&b
looks like fun! your shade order is in so just call me when you want to come and get it.
Ice skating the old school way, how cool is that?
This is so weird because my friend, Jocelyn (friends from USU) who lives in Highlands Ranch, just posted her picts of the same outing. I'm thinking it might have been on the same day. Do you know Jocelyn Bills?
I do know Jocelyn. I actually knew her at USU and then a couple of years ago she moved into our ward. They since split the ward but I still run into her every now and then. Crazy how many fellow USU alum there are here!
What a smart way to teach her to skate with the chair. Much better than holding the kids up all day long. Fun times! Love, Mom
Hi there! So I was blog surfing tonight and found your blog and everyone else that I didn't know had a blog...I'll have to remember to thank Jocelyn. Cute blog. Your girls are so cute. someday we'll have to get Taylor and London together to play.
Post a Comment