Friday, October 3, 2008

To Utah and back


My friend Laura and I decided it would be fun to stuff our kids all in one car and make the blessed trip to Utah to visit our families. The car ride didn't go completely as planned but all the kids did surprisingly well for such a long drive. We had a wonderful visit with Grandma Ricks and Aunt Christine. Taylor and Kennedy loved being at their Grandma Ricks' house and all the fun things we got to do while we were there. As always time passes quickly and it is hard to have to say goodbye. We wish we could see all our grandparents and families more often!


Taylor and Grandma Ricks roasting hot dogs and later smarshmellows a.k.a marshmallows

I love the fall! Going up the canyon and taking in all the yellow, orange and red leaves was so fun

Despite falling every 5 seconds, Kennedy loved being in the canyon

me and me sister, Christine

I miss being able to go up the canyon for dinner, its so close in Utah

We went to the Hogal Zoo and had so much fun


The girls saddling up on a wood horse at Wheeler Farm
With all the animals at the farm, of course the duck pond was the biggest hit






7 comments:

brandi (and tim) said...

Wow, Kennedy looks so much more grown up than when we last saw her! It's so weird to see all the leaves that have changed color, it's still summer here, which is sad.

~b

Amy said...

You are very brave to make a road trip without Nate! But then again your girls are very well-behaved. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

BeforeFamily said...

This looks like a grand time. I miss having the mountains so close as well.

Kami said...

My Lydia calls them Smarshmallows too! Too cute!

Bybee Family said...

What an amazing blog you have! Your kids are beautiful! I found your blog on Jami's! I hope it is ok. Amazing pictures...Valesca

Eric and Rozanne said...

It looks like you had a great time with your family. It is fun to see pictures of Christine and Aunt SueAnn too. I miss seeing everyone often like we used to. We are all so spread out now.

Lael said...

Yes, there is nothing better than a fall in Utah mountains! I'm glad the drive went fairly well, I would DREAD that long in a car with my kids ... I really need a minivan.