Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

I always look forward to Halloween, and this year was no different. I love the crisp fall weather, apple cider, pumpkin bread and desserts, parties, and all that candy. Thankfully having kids lets me live through them as I have learned that without them I was always left wanting more. I have two adorable girls who dressed up as an adorable butterfly and witch. This year with Taylor's preschool class we had even more fun as she would come home and teach me all the songs she was learning (see our "watch this" section on the left hand side for footage of the preschool program). To tops things off, this year was the warmest Halloween in Colorado in 15 years...it got up to 77 degrees in the day and at night for trick or treating the kids didn't have to wear coats (a miracle in itself). We went to Jami and Spencer's for chili and lots of other yummy food. After the kids were done trick or treating, we all gathered in the street around a fire pit and passed out candy, made smores and let the kids play. It was such a fun way to spend the night. The kids loved trick or treating. Kennedy got so into it and lasted so much longer than anyone could have anticipated. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Taylor decorating half of a sugar cookie before she gobbled it down

Kennedy getting more frosting on herself than the cookie itself

Taylor's preschool class all gussied up

Kennedy...my cute witch

Kennedy and Nate on their way to trick or treat
(Crew as a hamburger in the background...love that kid!)
Taylor the butterfly off to trick or treat
One of the pumpkins I carved, with a little help from Taylor. Oh how she loves her princesses!

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I really enjoyed looking at your Halloween pictures. Having kids definitely makes Halloween fun! I watched your video of the Bones song, and Taylor's dancing cracked me up especially how she was turned the other direction. Was she watching herself the the TV reflection?

Amy said...

Cute Rachelle! Great job on the pumpkin and Taylor and Kennedy look adorable.