I love this place. I can't believe how much the girls are looking alike. More and more. It has been fun to catch up with your blog this morning. I hadn't seen your latest entries of camping etc. Very fun. Love, Mom
We are Nate and Rachelle. We have two sweet little girls who, lets be honest, make this blog worth reading. This is our journey as we make our way through this thing called parenting. This is who we are and these are our stories.
The Girlies
We are so blessed to have Taylor, Kennedy, and Brooklyn a part of our lives. They make us laugh, scream, clap for joy, smile, and yes there are times when they make us want to pull our hair out. They are our everything!
Kennedy getting into trouble and not listening while I was trying to run an errand to Hobby Lobby... Me: "Kennedy you are in trouble!" Kennedy: "No, I not! I Kennedy!" Me: "Yes, Kennedy's in trouble!" Kennedy: "Oh" (and got very sad) August 09 Taylor while listening to "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack. "She said 'body language' mom. We shouldn't say that! Right?" June 09 Kennedy after doing anything she thinks is nice and or helpful..."thank you, your welcome." April 08 Taylor refusing to take a nap when exhausted and lying on the floor..."oh, I'm giving myself a heart attack." April 08 Kennedy after throwing her unwanted food on the floor... "Oh my gosh, a mess!!" April 08 We were putting up our Christmas tree and Taylor was helping me get the tree stand ready by putting the screws in that hold the tree up. Taylor was very proud to be helping and innocently said to me..."I'm just screwing with ya, mom!" Dec. 08 One night as we were mentally preparing Taylor for bed ("5 more minutes, then its time for bed"), Nate in more of a statement tells Taylor that she's not going to throw a fit tonight, right?? To which she said "maybe just a little one." What a little stinker! Oct. 08 At church during sacrament meeting Taylor asked me for her quiet book to play with. When I told her I forgot to bring it with us she said, "well I guess I will just have to be loud then." Aug. 08 Today we took a family shopping trip to Best Buy and then Circuit City in an attempt to pick out a new camera. Well it was getting late and Nate and I were both getting a little agitated at each other because we couldn't come to any agreements. Taylor picked up on the tension between the two of us and came up and asked to hold our hands. Then she looked from Nate and then to me and said to us in a very serious tone..."now why are we being so funny??" She didn't quite know how to react to our hysterical laughing which followed. Aug. 08 While Nate and I vacationed in Costa Rica, my mom came and stayed with our girls. We had talked to Taylor for weeks about how Grandma Ricks was coming to babysit while we were gone to help prepare her for our absence. One day after we had already left Taylor turned to my mom and asked, "I thought Grandma Ricks was going to babysit me?" in which my mom replied that she was Grandma Ricks. Taylor just laughed and said, "you're silly, you're just Grandma!" July 08 Today at church during an extra long opening prayer in sacrament meeting Taylor was getting restless and said "Mommy, why isn't he saying 'in the name of Jesus Christ, amen'??" April 08 For Nate's birthday we decided to celebrate as a family by going to a place called Mr. Biggs. We were explaining our plans to Taylor and as she was trying to understand things like minature golf and arcade games she turned to me and said "B...umm...Baa?? ummm Ba?...beauitf...??, mommy I don't know the words! I guess I lost my voice!" April 08 After reading a story about Ariel marrying Prince Eric...Taylor-"Mommy, do you have a husband?" Taylor-"I have a husband!" After more probing I found out her husband is her friend Andrew. Mar. 08 Trying to get Kennedy to say words:Us-"say momma"Taylor-"momma!!"Kennedy-"dadda"Feb. 08 Taylor while combing and playing with my hair: "Oh mommy, your hair is so bloody. That's okay, I'll spray it with the hair sprayer." (I'm thinking she meant to say snarly??)-Oct. 07 Taylor dumbfounded as she falls for the third time while making laps around the kitchen island: "Oh...again??!!??"-Nov. 07 Taylor at 3 in the morning, wanders into our room after dreaming about a certain backyardigans episode. As Nate is taking her back to her room: "But I don't want to go on a mission to mars, Daddy!"-Nov. 07 Kennedy sitting all by herself, "Mommy somone just put a boogar in my mouth. " me: "interesting...was that person you??" Kennedy: "yes" me: "I bet it didn't taste very good, huh." Kennedy: "yes it did, it was so good!" while licking her lips. March 2011
2 comments:
This looks pretty cool, but is that a bald spot I see appearing back there Nate? You've always been my hair idol, so I'm a little surprised by this:)
I love this place. I can't believe how much the girls are looking alike. More and more. It has been fun to catch up with your blog this morning. I hadn't seen your latest entries of camping etc. Very fun. Love, Mom
Post a Comment