Monday, June 1, 2009

Last minute camping trip

There's nothing like a last minute camping trip. We, along with our good friends the Bowens, decided one Friday afternoon that we would pack up and enjoy the great outdoors. After our first failed attempt at finding a camping spot with tired and hungry children we got desperate. Our options quickly came down to driving home and putting tents up in our yard, giving up, or just find anywhere with a fire pit and a place to pitch a tent. We opted for the last choice. Even though we could see the Home Depot from our campsite, hear the drag races going on from across the freeway, and had to call it a night at 9 p.m. when the rain started...we had a great time. The kids loved cooking hot dogs and smores on the fire and playing with the glow sticks provided by Spencer. It may not have been the ideal or picturesque scenery...but the company, as always, was top notch.





The view :)

the kids playing with the boccie balls


glow stick fun


Jami and I warming ourselves by the fire


Jami, Spencer and Nate




Smores...need I say more??



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've camped there! Gotta love the Home Depot sign lighting up the night :) I kept thinking they'd turn it off at some point, but no such luck.

It looks like you guys had fun!!

Brecken said...

So fun! We went camping too! Smores are always a hit with the kids.

Amy said...

That's hilarious. You were just warming up for our summer campout right? We can't wait to see you! I am very glad you guys are coming! It just wouldn't be a reunion without you guys.

jensenfamily said...

love it that you camped with Home Depo. Never know when you're going to need a little more coals, so good thing it was so close~:) erin

grandma ricks said...

Just goes to show what is most important. Being together, friends, and s'mores! I doubt the kids cared much about the location. Love, Mom